(updated in March 2023)
1. Data Controller
Loro Piana S.p.A. with registered offices in Corso Rolandi 10, Quarona (VC) – 13017, Italy, in its quality as data controller ("Loro Piana") which can be contacted at the following email address email@example.com, informs you, according to the EU Regulation No. 679/2016 on the processing of personal data ("European Privacy Regulation") that it processes the personal data provided by you when you purchase or enjoy Loro Piana’s products or services, you contact Loro Piana or register and create a personal account on the website www.loropiana.com ("Data") with the modalities set out in this privacy information notice (the “Privacy Notice”).
2. What data are processed?
Loro Piana collects and processes the following Data:
• your identifying data, such as the name and surname, the date of birth, the identity card, the number of family members and any images shared with Loro Piana;
• your contact information, including the postal and/or shipping address, telephone number, and e-mail;
• the details of your purchases and services used by you, including the spending volume and items purchased, as well as your status as a customer;
• the information relating to payments done for online and instore purchases;
• any other information that you provide in relation to a request of assistance or that can be necessary to benefit from Loro Piana’s services in order to allow Loro Piana to better meet your needs.
3. How and when Data are collected and processed?
Loro Piana collects your Data when you visit one of Loro Piana's stores, browse the Loro Piana’s website www.loropiana.com, including by registering and accessing Loro Piana's services through your personal account, make your purchases both online and instore, use Loro Piana's Web Application available at https://productinfo.loropiana.com/traceability to trace the production chain of a Loro Piana item you have purchased, claim or transfer its ownership, and redeem any NFT associated with that item.
Data is processed in paper and electronic form in line with technical and organizational security measures defined by applicable laws.
4. Why Data are processed?
Loro Piana processes Data collected from you for the following purposes:
• Contractual Purposes and, in particular (i) to manage the sale of its products and provide sale and after-sale services (including, for example, fraud prevention, returns, guarantee and customer support); (ii) in relation to Loro Piana online activities, to maintain your personal account and offer the services through its websites, including the clienteling (that allows you to receive a personalized service from your trusted Loro Piana Advisor), virtual showroom and e-concierge, as well as the Loro Piana newsletter service, if you have subscribed to it; (iii) to allow you to use the Loro Piana’s Web Application that is available at https://productinfo.loropiana.com/traceability, including the possibility to consult the production chain of some of your purchased products, claim or transfer their ownership, as well as redeem – and subsequently sell to third-parties – any NFT eventually associated to these products, and (iv) to provide feedbacks to your information requests;
• Law Purpose, including to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which Loro Piana may be subject and to conduct any “Know Your Customer” activity ;
• Marketing Purposes, thus, with your prior consent, to send marketing communications on Loro Piana’s exclusive products, services and activities through electronic means (including, for example, email, SMS, MMS, mobile, social network and instant messages) or paper means (including, for instance, traditional mail) to promote its trademarks, services and/or products, as well as to conduct market analysis and statistics, except for communications relating to Loro Piana newsletter as referred to in letter (ii) above for which you need to subscribe;
• Marketing Related Legitimate Interest Purposes, to use your Data related to spending volume, product category, store of purchasing, date of birth, status and number of family members on the basis of Loro Piana's legitimate interest to provide a service in line with your needs and send you marketing communications that may be of interest for you. In this case, Data may be processed to test and enhance Loro Piana’s services in order to always offer you services with an high level of exclusivity, provided that such activities needs to be carried out through personal data to ensure their reliability. This processing is not intrusive since it takes into consideration only few categories of segmentation, enhance your experience with Loro Piana and, in any case, it is adequately balanced with your legitimate interests in order to protect your rights.
5. Which is the legal basis to process your Data?
Processing of Data for Contractual Purposes is mandatory since it is necessary to purchase products, register and create a personal account on the Loro Piana’s website and Web Application, as well as use the functionalities available on the website and the Web Application and specific services offered by Loro Piana (including but not limited to, the clienteling, virtual showroom and e-concierge services, the subscription to Loro Piana newsletter, etc.).
Processing of Data for Law Purposes is mandatory since it is required by the applicable laws. If you do not provide your Data, it would not be possible for Loro Piana to provide the products or services that you request.
Processing of Data for Marketing Purposes is not mandatory and subject to your prior consent which, in any case, may be withdrawn at any time.
Processing of Data for Marketing Related Legitimate Interest is functional to the pursuit of a legitimate interest of Loro Piana, properly balanced with your interests and, considering the limitation to this form of processing explained in paragraph 4.
6. How long is Data retained?
Your Data are processed for no longer that is necessary to fulfil the above mentioned purposes and, particularly,
• for the Contractual Purposes, Data are retained for the duration of the contract and/or of the service requested (in case of an account created on the website or the Web Application, or in relation to services provided by Loro Piana), as well as for the following next 10 years. In any case, as for the newsletter service as referred to in letter (ii) of paragraph 4 above, your Data will be processed until you unsubscribe from the service and/or you exercise your right to oppose to such communications by clicking on the link available in the end notes of each communication received;
• for the Law Purposes, your Data are stored in accordance with the specific limitation periods defined by law;
• for Marketing Purposes, your Data are stored for a period of 7 years from the last purchase done and/or from the last contact with you (e.g. participation to an event, access to a specific service and opening of a newsletter); and
• for Marketing Related Legitimate Interest, Data are retained for a period of 7 years from the last purchase done too, notwithstanding your right to object to the processing at any time.
Upon expiry of the above mentioned retention periods, your Data will be automatically deleted, aggregated or made anonymous in a permanent and non-reversible way.
7. Can Data be communicated or transferred abroad?
For the Purposes explained in paragraph 4 above, Loro Piana may communicate your Data, strictly necessary to each purpose of processing, to the following categories of subjects: (i) employees in charge of the processing (such as the personnel of the CRM, IT, Retail offices); (ii) consultants and professional and technical service providers (such as IT service providers, postal offices and couriers, legal consultants, etc.); (iii) companies belonging to the LVMH group of companies, companies controlled by Loro Piana, Loro Piana's companies in joint venture arrangements and Loro Piana's franchisees; (iv) public entities, banks, third parties involved in corporate transactions and extraordinary operations and legitimate recipients.
These subjects may also be located in countries outside the Economic European Area (EEA) as indicated on www.loropiana.com. In any case, any transfer of Data outside the EEA will be carried out in compliance with articles 45 and 46 of the European Privacy Regulation, as well as any other measures required by the applicable data protection laws.
Your Data are not divulgated.
You have the right to receive information on the place where your Data are kept, as well as on the measures adopted for the transfer, by asking directly to Loro Piana, through the contact details provided in paragraph 9 of this Privacy Notice.
8. Which are you rights as data subject?
You may always enforce your privacy rights, for example you may access your Data, verify your Data content, origin, accuracy, ask for your Data to be integrated, updated, amended, deleted, or blocked for breach of law, as well as object to the processing of your Data for legitimate purposes. In addition to the rights above, you may ask for a restriction of the processing, your Data portability and lodge a claim before the competent Data Protection Authority, if the premises subsist.
9. How to contact Loro Piana?
If you have doubts, questions or complaints with regard to the collection and processing of your Data, please contact Loro Piana by sending an e-mail to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) designated by Loro Piana is available at the following address email@example.com.
10. Change, Update and Contacts
This document will be effective from the date of update indicated in the heading. Loro Piana might change and/or integrate the Privacy Notice, also as a consequence of further law modifications and/or integration. Updates and modifications will be notified in advance and you will be able to consult the constantly updated Privacy Notice on www.loropiana.com.